Sobre el III Simposio Internacional en la Universidad Estatal Pedagógica de Belarús (en inglés)11.09.2020 г.
Dear colleagues! You are invited to participate at the III International Symposium «Education for Sustainable Development for All Generations – Social Agreement», which will be held at the Belarusian State Pedagogical University named after Maxim Tank, Minsk, Belarus on December 2-3, 2020.
This event is a part of the Action plan for 2020-2021 of National Council for Sustainable Development and of the Action plan of UN Youth Campaign “Towards The Future We Want”, implemented by Ministry of Education in Belarus and UN Country Office with a support of UN Agencies in Belarus.
The Goal of Symposium: to summarize the best ESD practices and provide expertise to the continuous education mechanisms which have impact on ensuring ecological integrity, economical sustainability, social welfare and development of the human resources in the regions.
The Symposium Participants: providers of the ESD practices at the local, regional and national levels, educational institutions, scientific and expert communities, non-governmental organizations, representatives of the legislative and executive branches, ministries and public authorities.
- hold input at the plenary session;
- contribute to the thematic research group, meet-up session, panel discussions;
- host a workshop;
- present a poster.
- contribute to the panel discussions and thematic research group through Zoom platform (the link will follow).
- submit abstracts for publication.
Working languages: Russian, Belarusian, English.
SYMPOSIUM TOPIC AREAS:
1. Education for Sustainable Development for All Generations as a key driver for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
2. Building human potential and social cohesion as strategic guidelines of the continuous teacher education.
3. International best practices and methodologies for involving all generations in the sustainable development processes at national, regional and local levels.
4. Educational support for local communities and stakeholders engagement in the climate adaptation and mitigation processes.
5. Inter-institutional cooperation and cross-sectoral partnership for the benefit of regional sustainable development.
6. Youth engagement in sustainable development of the regions.
Working formats: plenary session, panel discussions, round table, thematic research group, workshops, poster-session within interactive exhibition and expertise of the best ESD practices, wrap-up session.
The organizers will provide live streams of the main Symposium events.
Abstracts reviewed for a compliance with the topic areas of Symposium will be selected and included into the Symposium proceedings. The electronic version will be published at the website of the Coordination Center “Education for Sustainable Development” BSPU (https://esdcc.bspu.by/).
Symposium participation fee for on-site participants ( drafting and publication of the abstracts, , coffee-breaks) is 15€*.
Participation fee for online participants ( drafting and publication of the abstracts, info-package mailing) is 10€*.
Correspondence participation (drafting and publication of the abstracts) is 5€*.
NB. The participation fee is transferred only upon acknowledgement statement from the Organizing Committee. The account details will be reported via information e-mails to the authors of abstracts accepted for the publication.
Abstracts Submission Guidelines:
1. The total length of the abstracts must be no more than three (3) text pages A4 long, incl. figures, graphs, list of references and a short summary.
2. Abstracts should be submitted in MS Word 2003 or later versions, formats doc., docx.
3. Font type and size: Times New Roman, 12 pt, line spacing: 1,0, margin requirements: top and bottom margins – 20 mm, left margin – 30 mm, right margin – 15 mm; paragraph indentation – 12,5 mm. Full text alignment.
4. The paper title should be centered and bolded, in capital letters, hyphenation is not allowed. Beginning a new paragraph, in italic, centered is written the name of the author. Next paragraph – author`s affiliation. Next paragraph – city and country. Short summary and key words (3-5) are inserted subsequently in one file.
5. General text of the paper starts beginning a new paragraph in one blank line. While formatting text it isn’t allowed to use tabs or space bar to indent lines, to hyphenate words, to condense spaces and to change the margin sizes. Graphs, pictures and figures are pasted as embedded objects. Reference numbers are enclosed in square brackets inside the text. Reference list is formatted following MLA Citation Style.
Contact phone numbers: +375 17 327 6372; +375 17 327 8750 (Coordination Center “Education for Sustainable Development” BSPU).
* in Belarusian roubles according to the National Bank of Belarus exchange rate on the day of payment.